Gift Aid

Chetham’s Hospital School and Library is registered charity (number 526702) and if you are a UK taxpayer, we can claim back 25p from every £1 you donate to us.

Gift aid is a government scheme which allows charities to reclaim the tax you have already paid on your donations. Last financial year this raised an additional £20,000 for Chetham’s. By saying ‘yes’ to Gift Aid you help us raise vital funds to continue our important work.

All you need to do is make a gift aid declaration.

Make a declaration

Online: Log into your account and make a gift aid declaration here

By post: Download a declaration form here and return it to Development Office, Chetham’s School of Music, Long Millgate, Manchester M3 1SB

By phone: 0161 838 7202

About the scheme

Am I eligible? If you are a UK income or capital gains taxpayer and have paid enough tax during the year to cover your donations (25% of the total value of your donations), you are eligible.

Do I have to make a declaration for every donation? One Gift Aid declaration covers your future donations and can be backdated for up to four years. We keep a record of your Gift Aid declarations on our customer relationship management system, Spektrix.

Is my donation eligible? Most regular and one-off donations are eligible (direct debit, standing orders, cheques, cash, card payments). The following types of donations are not eligible:

  • Charity accounts or vouchers where the tax is reclaimed for you (for example Charities Aid Foundation)
  • Payroll Giving
  • Fundraising event tickets
  • Group collections, such as a funeral collection or a sponsored run
  • Company or Trust donations

What if I pay tax at the higher rate? If you are a higher rate taxpayer, we can still claim on your donations at the basic rate. You can claim the difference between the higher and basic rate on the total value of your donation via your self-assessment tax return. If you would like a receipt for your donations please contact

Please let us know…

  • If you want to cancel your declaration.
  • Change your name or home address
  • No longer pay sufficient tax on your income and/or capital gains

Get in contact If you have any queries please email or give us a call on 0161 838 7202