The work measures 10cm by over three and half metres when fully extended, and is concertina-folded into small oblong octavo cloth boards. Each opening illustrates a verse from the psalm and is reproduced below.
Susan Maria was the last surviving member of the main ffarington family line, and lived in Shaw Hall in Leyland. The ffaringtons had close ties with the Earls of Derby, who once owned the buildings now housing Chetham’s Library.
Published in London by Vincent Brooks Day and Son c. 1860-70